Sunday, October 03, 2010

Oxford To Cambridge Bike Ride 2010

Bit of a wet and windy start to this years Oxford to Cambridge bike ride this morning. I was not aware that this event was today, as had I know I would have entered I think, I must plan ahead next year and get a team together. I was in the city centre early this morning and noticed all the cyclist gathering in Gloucester Green, everyone was pumped up getting ready to start the ride. It is not a race, and you can leave over a two hour period between 7am and 9am for the ride on country roads to Cambridge. I was told that it would be about a 4-6hour ride to Cambridge. There was arrangements in place to bus the riders back to Oxford with there bikes should they need it, and I think that the money raised was going to the British Heart Foundation. Pity the weather was not that great today, but a big well done to all those to rode in the ride today! Congratulations!

1 comment:

chris said...

Hmm..4-6 if your fit !!!
It was a really good event even though i done it on an MTB ( next year a proper road bike !!! ) and some very undulating countryside in the middle section.
Would recommend it and i intend to do it next year....see you then !!!!